Other Bursaries Bursaries are also available to provide financial support for BSMB members at the beginning of their research careers to attend any meeting relevant to matrix biology.
- Applicants must have been an active member of the BSMB for at least one year prior to the meeting
- Applicants must have attended one or more BSMB meetings
- Applicants should be non-tenured scientists, preferably at the early stages of their career (ie PhD students or up to 6 years post-doc)
- Applicants must be contributing a poster or a talk and a short meeting report will be expected, that will be circulated in the BSMB newsletter and posted on the BSMB website.
- The meeting report should be submitted within 1 month of the end of the meeting.
- No applicant will receive more than one of these awards per calendar year
- No applicant will receive more than three of these awards
- Bursaries will only be considered if they are submitted on a current Bursary form (other meetings)
- Applications should be sent to Kasia Pirog, Chair of the BSMB bursary committee.
- The application should be accompanied by a copy of the abstract to be presented at the meeting and a one page curriculum vitae. Applicants may use the enclosed pro-forma CV.
The work described in the abstract must be novel and of a quality that woud reflect well as a BSMB-supported contribution. The amount of the award depends on the location of the meeting, and will be up to £150 for UK meetings and £400 for meetings elsewhere in the world. Applications can be made at any time throughout the year, in advance of the meeting. Bursaries will be paid by the Society Treasurer after attending the meeting. Proof of registration and travel costs must also be provided